Tuesday, January 24, 2012

What Happened to Me?

There's was a time in my life when I wouldn't leave the house without make-up on.

There was also a time when I dressed cute all the time, wore matching socks and showered EVERY day.

Those times are faint in my memory. I became a mom.

I shower every other day. I'm lucky if I can even FIND two socks that match.

I rarely get out of my pajama pants and flat iron my hair.

Now these things are for special occasions, like Christmas. Ha.

In fact last night I went out to Wal-Mart in yoga pants, flip-flops, hair in a ponytail and no make-up. In fact I looked so bad that I asked my husband twice if he would be embarrassed to be seen with me.

The me from a year ago would have gasped and shook her head.

Oh well. Perhaps one day I'll find the part of me that longs to look pretty everyday. Today I'm more worried about making sure my kiddo eats, bathes, naps and is in a generally good mood.

And you know what? That's okay with me.

2 comments:

  1. I totally know how you feel. I am a stay at home mom of a one car family. So unless it's to go to the store or something I rarely leave the house. So why get all glammed up right?
    I am starting to get that urge now to want to be all cutsie whenever we do go somewhere. but after two years as a mom my wardrobe doesn't really support that! I am thinking that the next time I go shopping I may begin to slowly work on that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy, thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I totally know where you are coming from on this one haha! I live in yoga pants and hoodies and only now wear makeup when we go somewhere special! Maybe one day I'll go back to looking cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...